Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Time for the Gloves to come off- Part 1

Most of the ex-gays that you hear from will tell you that they left the "gay lifestyle" because they were unhappy with it. I understand the rationale, because most of the "testimonies" that you hear or read talk about how they were throwing themselves away in the bars, bookstores, promiscuity, and the debauchery that goes with a partying lifestyle (whether one be homosexual or heterosexual). For most that is the only exposure to being gay that they have, it was that way for me.
In 1990 I dropped out of bible college and left the ministry and yes, I threw myself full long into sex, drinking, promiscuity, overeating, making bad choices, etc. etc. I would occasionally attend the MCC church in Charlotte, NC but could never seem to reconcile being gay and being a Christian. It is a struggle that has taken about 18 years but has come around.

No comments: