Thursday, March 26, 2009

Really Discouraged Today

It seems as though there is no end in the future to all the anti gay rhetoric. Now my state, West Virginia, looks like it's going to be the next battle ground on the marriage/discrimination front. The Family Policy Council of West Virginia, which is aligned with Focus on the Family is lobbying the state to add a referendum on the ballot, Even though our governor, Joe Manchin has stated that our existing law is sufficient and no challenge has arisen. West Virginia doesn't have much of a gay community, at least that I have seen. I guess in Wheeling, Charleston, Morgantown, Parkersburg and a few other cities may have some but in the area I am located there doesn't seem to be much of anything.
Most of the "christians" in this state, at least the ones I know, blindly follow the likes of Dr. Dobson without much thought, you would think his words were as equal to Jesus'. Sometimes I just don't feel like there is much use in fighting this fight anymore. I often wonder why God allows people who I know love and follow Him and pray religiously, and are never moved to even consider this issue.

No comments: